Harley Davidson - 2010 ULTRA CLASSIC WHEELS
In September of 2010 i purchased a Eletra glide Ultra Classic.Did not ride much because, of the time of year.
The machine was hand washed and polished. I put the bike away for the winter. This year i waited till all salt was gone after 5 or six rains. I rewashed the bike noticing the wheels had corrosion under the clear coat.
I returned the bike to the dealer at this time i had 3000 miles on the bike. I always hand washed the motorcycle and never used any wheel and tire cleaner. I do not ride very much and am a retired Marine veteran. I also purchased an extended warrany plan with tire and wheel coverage.
I returned the bike to the dealer and they contacted the insurance company which stated it was a cosmetic issue and was not covered. The dealership contacted the Motor company and they stated wheels were not covered in the 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. I also contacted the company were the female told me the wheels had no clear coat on them. This is not true and the dealer and other painting profesionals agreed.
The short of the story is Harley did not stand by there product and i have lost faith in the company. Wish i had bought a Honda. They would have fixed the problem as i did ask some dealers. So much for made in America.
I own 5 Harley's and love the bikes just wish they would help with problems which were truely a factory defect. As for customer service the lady i spoke with hung up on me.
Have a nice day and check your aluminum wheels.Semper-Fi in Tennessee.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a 2012 Dyna Super Glide Custom on 04/17/12 and went to pick up the tags and registration on 05/04/12 at Rommels HD in Smyrna, DE. This is an..."
- "My harley nightster, the paint is peeling!! Guess harley don't know how to prep before they paint it. Rear fender..front fender etc all have bubbles and paint coming off..."
- "Bought a new Electra Glide Classic on my way home, the rear tire went flat, i called the dealer was told the tires do not have road hazard, I had..."
- "ADM American Debt Mediators Co. is a TOTAL SCAM! They lie about a program that offers you to put money in a REFUNDABLE SAVINGS towards a payment settlement to..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "I ORDERED A MARKET FRESH TURKEY BACON RANCH SANDWICH FRIES AND LARGE DRINK --- ONLY TO DRIVE OUT OF THE DRIVE THRU WITH 2 ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES --- NO FIRES..."
- "This girl is a complete fake! Don't wasted your time. Smells bad all over and pictures are very old. Rushes the whole time and complains. Her "friend" actually..."
- "I ordered a formal dress for my daughter's Junior/Senior Prom. The dress is gorgeous, it is Navy Blue with a beaded cream color neckline that swoops up and buttons on..."
- "I use Younique since 2 months now. I had no problems what so ever... There are pricy but like we say the *** is always cheaper than quality. My only..."