Harley Davidson - 2010 ULTRA CLASSIC WHEELS

Aug 20, 2011
review #256647

In September of 2010 i purchased a Eletra glide Ultra Classic.Did not ride much because, of the time of year.

The machine was hand washed and polished. I put the bike away for the winter. This year i waited till all salt was gone after 5 or six rains. I rewashed the bike noticing the wheels had corrosion under the clear coat.

I returned the bike to the dealer at this time i had 3000 miles on the bike. I always hand washed the motorcycle and never used any wheel and tire cleaner. I do not ride very much and am a retired Marine veteran. I also purchased an extended warrany plan with tire and wheel coverage.

I returned the bike to the dealer and they contacted the insurance company which stated it was a cosmetic issue and was not covered. The dealership contacted the Motor company and they stated wheels were not covered in the 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. I also contacted the company were the female told me the wheels had no clear coat on them. This is not true and the dealer and other painting profesionals agreed.

The short of the story is Harley did not stand by there product and i have lost faith in the company. Wish i had bought a Honda. They would have fixed the problem as i did ask some dealers. So much for made in America.

I own 5 Harley's and love the bikes just wish they would help with problems which were truely a factory defect. As for customer service the lady i spoke with hung up on me.

Have a nice day and check your aluminum wheels.Semper-Fi in Tennessee.

96d8d5a
Had an experience with Harley Davidson?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
tictac

Jul 14, 2013 Erie, Pennsylvania

I have a 2012 Harley ultra classic and I have a warp front rotor it gets very hot Harley said it wasn't warp enough to change I will never buy another Harley they do no stand behind them no service after they get your money very dissappointed

johnnyrocks1

Jun 27, 2013 Bloomington, Indiana

I bought a 2005 883. The first time I washed it water spots appeared on ALL of the clear coated aluminum parts on the bike. No cleaner or polish used to date will remove the spots. I also own a 1995 Honda 750. No water spot problem ever on any of my Jap bikes. Harley will never admit there is a problem. They never do. When they started making the twin cam EVO motor the cam bearings would fail and ruin the engine. One guy I met had this problem. The dealer accused the owner of adding metal shavings to the oil. If you want to ride Harlie's you have to put up with some things that you would expect only with a Chinese bike. Welcome to expensive American motorcycles!

Tomeg42

Nov 24, 2012

Speaking of Harley Davidson dealers. I was on a cross country tripp when I stopped into Faribault Harley in Minnesota and had tires put on my bike. One of the tires I had to have ordered so it took 4 days, no problem. When I bring it in I sit and wait for these guys to do the work and I mention to the asstant service manager if he could add an once or 2 of oil to my bike since I just changed it before I left home (367 miles) and it seemed a little short of full. Well when they give me my bike telling me they were done with it I asked if they were going to wash it down and the guy says we don't do that for folks that are waiter's. Well I got very upset over that comment sence he added that the person that washed the bikes wasn't working that day blah blah blah. These jerks didn's even bother to wipe of the glue around the rims. Well like a fool I paid the bill and a few hundred miles up the road I take a look at my bill and I notice that they charged me $11.95 for the oil that was put in my bike which was at the cool point on the stick when I brought it in when it was hot so it needed no more then maybe an once or two and I had spent nearly $700.00 for the tires and rear pads. This dealer is made up of a bunch of crooks because I called about a refund for the oil and everyone I spoke to refused to give me my money back. If you live up that way Don't trust Andy or Steve for their both punks.

potatodigger1

Oct 24, 2013

you left home on a cross country trip, and needed tires and brake pads 367 miles into it? really??? i doubt that an ounce or two would even show on the stick.....

brandon

Nov 01, 2012

harley dealers at chilicothe ohio are nothing but thieves :( :( :( :( :( :(

Mark Hause

Apr 10, 2012

Sell the bike buy your Jap bike , That way you can ride a tuna can. BTW These alumn rims do not all come clear coated if at all. Salt is not the only Havoc reakker, It is acumulated brake dust and lack of education on care for aluminum. You wouldnt understand if you have to ask . Thank you for supporting Our Beautiful USA.

Chris M

Apr 06, 2012

I own a 2010 FLHTCUSE5 with Chrome wheels, like your self I have tried to claim for my rear wheel under warranty as the chrome is starting to lift. Again HD customer service in the UK have refused to cover the wheel underr their cosmetic guidlines saying the wheel was perfect at PDI. You pay £30000 for a bike and the chrome falls off before its 2 years old.

willie

Mar 10, 2012 Bisee, Castries

gonna buy a victory love my roadking 99
rearcam bearing was only problem...
but headlight made in switz bearings from japan
harley stockholders must of voted again once you buy the bike they dont wanna know ya

Yamahas with the Harley name

Feb 04, 2012

Sounds like you're one of those guys who was talked into buying tassels for your handlebars. Ride it hard put it away wet. Harley's aren't what they used to be. Treat it that way then buy a KTM.

hiloguy

Sep 25, 2011

I've owned half a dozen Harleys with those wheels (FLHTCs and FLHTs). I live in Hawaii where everything rusts and corrodes. Sure, the rim edges get funky if I don't pay attention for a few months, but as others have said, jack the bike up, spin the wheel against a rag with some Mother's on it and then go RIDE!

Nerdlingersss

Sep 08, 2011

Easy sitting on a computer bad mouthing someone. This marine would mop up the street with your ***. You test tube maggot.

Just sayin

Aug 28, 2011

Hey man before you go off on a tangent try to take a breath and relax. My wheels did the same thing. Did I panic and completly freak out? No. I buffed the wheels with some good polish, like Mothers, and went on my merry way!

paparon

Aug 27, 2011

I have had various problems w/ HD in the past and I have to laugh at the "American Made" bike. Oh, yeah, if a product has the minimum number of parts made in America and/or is assembled by a small percentage, then it can be classified as American Made. Of course the law does not address the moral issue of a false statement. Huh! Hey NerdlingerSS, is the spelling correct here, including punctuation such as question and exclamation marks? Just wondering.

Mac Eye

Aug 24, 2011 Opuwo, Kaokoland

Have known of others to have the same exact problem with new wheels via HD. Sad deal and would think they would attempt to keep the American HD fans happy but guess perhaps they have gotten beyond the scare of bad press? What comes around goes around. Future AMF Harleys once again eh?

NerdlingerSS

Aug 20, 2011 Kholargos, Attica

Semper-Fi my A*S*S*.
Own 5 Harleys....outright lie.
Retired USMC.. outright lie.
How about going back to school and learn how to spell, you inbred ***

Fletch

Oct 27, 2013 Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee

Everything i said was true. To many big words ***. Wish you were closer. I would show you some outright lies.
Like you didn.t get your *** whipped
I wasn't a good shot.
You sound like a little girl. Maybe a little lite in the panties hugh.
Guess your period is hitting you hard puss. I can tell you never served. Least not in any mans military. Maybe you were good at selling cookies.

Dec 30, 2013 Saint John, New Brunswick

Your right NerdlingerSS, a true Marine would not use such disgraceful language in a public form and would have simply ignored you. :eek

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Harley Davidson.
Filing a new complaint about
×