Harley Davidson - 2010 ULTRA CLASSIC WHEELS
In September of 2010 i purchased a Eletra glide Ultra Classic.Did not ride much because, of the time of year.
The machine was hand washed and polished. I put the bike away for the winter. This year i waited till all salt was gone after 5 or six rains. I rewashed the bike noticing the wheels had corrosion under the clear coat.
I returned the bike to the dealer at this time i had 3000 miles on the bike. I always hand washed the motorcycle and never used any wheel and tire cleaner. I do not ride very much and am a retired Marine veteran. I also purchased an extended warrany plan with tire and wheel coverage.
I returned the bike to the dealer and they contacted the insurance company which stated it was a cosmetic issue and was not covered. The dealership contacted the Motor company and they stated wheels were not covered in the 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. I also contacted the company were the female told me the wheels had no clear coat on them. This is not true and the dealer and other painting profesionals agreed.
The short of the story is Harley did not stand by there product and i have lost faith in the company. Wish i had bought a Honda. They would have fixed the problem as i did ask some dealers. So much for made in America.
I own 5 Harley's and love the bikes just wish they would help with problems which were truely a factory defect. As for customer service the lady i spoke with hung up on me.
Have a nice day and check your aluminum wheels.Semper-Fi in Tennessee.review #256647
You may also like
- "My wife and I were out on our new 2015 Suntracker 22 Party Barge DLX in the Caloosahatchee Bay area when an afternoon storm hit us out of nowwhere. The..."
- " I have a 2008 CVO Ultra that I purchase new on 08 and have nothing but problems with it from the first week of owning it. It runs great..."
- "I bought my first bike at Fort Thunder HD of Moore,OK (2014 Sportster 72 w/ 2 miles on it) and 5 days later I still haven't ridden it!! On the..."
- "This notice is posted at our local club and it says it is corporate policy. If you abide by it then you are not allowed to open the door..."
- "In July our uverse tv went out AGAIN (about the 6th time in 2 years). Three days later a technician came and replaced modem. When he left we had..."
- "I am a first time customer of the Bradford Exchange and my experience was just downright terrible. I ordered this ring to give to my mother on Mother's Day and so..."
- "RV was purchased on 7-31-14 from Camping World Statesville NC for xxxxx. Unit was brought home on 8-9-2014. Immediately we started noticing some things were off on this RV...."
- "I had a profile on pof and was all going well then for some reason the other day it logged me out and won't let me log back in was..."
- "I wias serve raw chicken raw chicken uncooked undercooked chicken call store guy acts like he cannot understand English repeat myself 13 times about the raw chicken over phone when..."