3.2
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I inherited my dads 04 softail standard after he passed this last Oct 28th.My dad had a few Harleys in his life and yeah he put a lot of miles on them.

But my old man and I were riding over to the cemetary memorial weekend and we didn't make it. Turned out the cam chain tensioner broke which caused the outer gear deal to break in two. Then I read up on this and its a big issue with a lot of people and why didn't my dad know this. Hes had motorcycles all his life.

He used to work on his own bikes but he was 76 years old. He took it in at least once a year and had it serviced. Why wouldn't they check out the tensioner when they know its a problem? The bike has like 78,000 miles on it.

Why wouldn't the Harley shop replace that? I have a lot of friends who ride and most of them were pretty upset with HD for not making this right. We were never a family that had a lot of money. But this is my 2nd Harley as I had a 79 Shovelhead quite awhile ago and now I live on disability due to a motorcycle accident where I broke my leg in 2 places my hip in 2 places and my pelvis.

My boyfriend was killed and I was 4 months pregnant and lost my baby. Ive always loved HD but I cant believe yall didn't make this right. Now I have a bike in my shed that I don't know when I'll be able to ride again because I cant afford to get it fixed. I just got it.

I am so bummed about the whole thing. Not sure what to do about it now. Aint worth nothing cant sell it for near what I got into it already. Don't want to sell it anyway it was my dads pride and joy.

He loved that bike. Hes rolling over in his grave right now. I just needed to tell y'all that I don't know why but I did. Hopefully nothing like this tensioner thing never happens again with you or I'm afraid you're going to lose a lot of business.

Pretty sure you already have over it. Anyway I still love HD I'm not sure if I will buy one without a lot of investigating first but who knows maybe I'll try Indian next.

Never thought Id say that but that's what I'm thinking.Thanks for your time

Review about: 2004 Harley Davidson Softail Motorcycle.

Reason of review: my bikes broke.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Cam chain tensiomer thing.

Had an Experience with Harley Davidson?

Comments