In September of 2010 i purchased a Eletra glide Ultra Classic.Did not ride much because, of the time of year.
The machine was hand washed and polished. I put the bike away for the winter. This year i waited till all salt was gone after 5 or six rains. I rewashed the bike noticing the wheels had corrosion under the clear coat.
I returned the bike to the dealer at this time i had 3000 miles on the bike. I always hand washed the motorcycle and never used any wheel and tire cleaner. I do not ride very much and am a retired Marine veteran. I also purchased an extended warrany plan with tire and wheel coverage.
I returned the bike to the dealer and they contacted the insurance company which stated it was a cosmetic issue and was not covered. The dealership contacted the Motor company and they stated wheels were not covered in the 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. I also contacted the company were the female told me the wheels had no clear coat on them. This is not true and the dealer and other painting profesionals agreed.
The short of the story is Harley did not stand by there product and i have lost faith in the company. Wish i had bought a Honda. They would have fixed the problem as i did ask some dealers. So much for made in America.
I own 5 Harley's and love the bikes just wish they would help with problems which were truely a factory defect. As for customer service the lady i spoke with hung up on me.
Have a nice day and check your aluminum wheels.Semper-Fi in Tennessee.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Harley Bike
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I: each had our own Harley, but we decided to trade in both of them for a Touring model (2014 Street Glide Special) that we both could..."
- "This DROPSHIP ONLY Company out of IL WILL NOT honer Warranty Mechanical Cost even though they have a Dealer to Manufacture Signed Legal Binding Contract from Linhai & Sunright stating..."
- "The clowns at Rawhide Harley Davidson in Olathe, KS only want to give me 65% of what I paid for a BRAND NEW 2016 Fat Bob FXDF just 2 months..."
- "Tough to articulate....more than 20 months building a new house. Nicest guys that one might find in the building trades. In a nutshell, "over promised and under delivered"...."
- "I placed a order on 03/15/15 I just received it 03/28/15. I planned to wear on my Bday but it came with a hole on side with 3 stickers around..."
- "I recently shipped out a $900 Acer Aspire Touch 17" Laptop to be repaired. It had a shattered laptop screen at the top right-hand corner. I have insurance through Asurion..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."