Harley Davidson - 2012 Dyna Super Glide Custom
I purchased a 2012 Dyna Super Glide Custom on 04/17/12 and went to pick up the tags and registration on 05/04/12 at Rommels HD in Smyrna, DE.This is an 80 mile round trip on route 1 with speeds of 65-70 MPH.
When returning from the trip on my Dyna, I was 1/4 mile away from my house when I heard a lot of noise and vibration from the rear wheel. I pulled in the clutch and looked at the rear wheel and saw the belt drive sprocket flopping around. The 5 bolts holding the drive sprocket to the rear wheel had backed out and no signs of LOC-TITE on the 2 dangling bolts and 1 wedged between the swing arm and drive sprocket. I pushed bike the rest of the way home and looked at what had just happened in disbelief with only 334 miles on odometer, wondering what might have happened at 65-70 MPH.
I called Rommels HD of Smyrna, which I had just left an hour ago bragging how much I liked the bike while I was there. I told Matt what had happened, he said he would line up a driver to pick up the bike today (Saturday 05/05/12), bike is at Rommels, Greg the manager said they will fix it. I said how about the rest of the nuts and bolts holding this POS together, Greg said they will look it over, I said you are not going to go back over every nut and bolt that would take 2 weeks. I am not real happy with HD right now.
Bike is broke and I haven't even gotten through the 500 mile break in.Harley will get a call Monday Morning, MORE TO BE POSTED.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Harley Bike
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- " I have a 2008 CVO Ultra that I purchase new on 08 and have nothing but problems with it from the first week of owning it. It runs great..."
- "In early July I contacted Scandia Marine for a quote to have my new boat bottom painted. I spoke to Marty, one of the owners, who quoted me $19.50 per..."
- "I have a new 2014 FLHXS Street Glide special with less than 5,000 miles on it. The other day I had a blowout on the freeway and pulled over..."
- "Don't know where to start. I've been waiting for black friday to buy couple of new video games for PS4. And apperantely walmart had quite good deals. And as soon..."
- "As an employee who works there currently, this does not surprise me at all. The amount of product that walks out that door without being paid for is astounding. I..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."