I purchased a 2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited in November 2016. I just spent $3000 on upgrades (exhaust/rear suspension/stage 2 sound system).

Upon picking up my bike I was informed that there was something funny going on with the belt. Upon closer look there were two cuts on the top of the belt about 1/4 way thru. I was told they don't know how it happened or why. The bike has 8500 miles on it and have been to the dealer at 2000 and 5000 mile check up.

I have been told that the replacement of this will be approximately $800 and is not covered on my manufacture warranty or extended warranty. While I love the bike and the brand my 2006 Honda Gold wing sits at home with 75,000 miles on it and have done nothing to the bike but tires and oil change. All I hear about it's the ride?? Well I can tell you for a $30,000 investment a year ago to have something wrong already is not acceptable.

This of course does not include the most recent $3000 upgrade or the many $100 t-shirts and other LOGO items my lady has purchased.

I hear lots of chatter about the American made bikes vs the crotch-rockets??? The Harley may be just something to have shined up and on display in the garage.

Review about: 2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited Motorcycle.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Comments

Anything with wheels will depreciate. It's not an investment. Also it's a belt stuff happens