2.0
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

First bike was a 2005 soft tail standard with extended warranty.It started dying on me while cruising at speed, took it in to the dealer, while I'm working I see some dorky kid go cruisin by on my bike, late that day they say come get your bike.

I get there and they tell me nothing is wrong it must be the way I'm riding it, been ridin motorcycles since I was a kid and I know better than to bog em down ect ect So kept ridin kept dyin on me so I take it back to dealer was pretty mad by this time and they tell me the only way to fix it is to have a stage 1 kit with pipes put on it, so like a dummy I fall for it and 1300 dollars later still dyin. A couple months or so go by and I got about 2500 miles on it they have a sale on all remaining 2005 models so I take it in paid off by now and trade it for a 2005 heritage softail and get screwed for another 13k the deal was supposed to include a stage 1 with pipes but they try to add the 1300 on the back end, lucky we took pictures of the sale price sticker, but I tell em no way you are tryin to jack me for 1300 keep it and give me my old bike back. So after 3 days of bugging me at work and yelling at them and hangin up they say ok we will re write sales ticket and drop 1300 so I go get it. Put 7800 miles on it and pretty much parked it because they really ruined the whole thing for me.

Fast forward to 2017 doin some online research about twin cam 88 models and find out there's a factory defect ith the cam chain tensioners in 99 to 05 models that causes catastrophic engine fail as early as 20k miles and a crank balance wheel fail as early as 8k miles and Harley and dealers knew about it since 99 and said nothing. Now they want 1400 dollars to fix defect but it just puts off problem for 20k more miles. And this all design and engineering issues that they should have took care of on their dime not mine, say you buy a truck or car that manufacturers find a defect that causes early engine fail what do you think would happen?

Simple a recall and you would get a nice letter asking you to bring the vehicle back for no charge service.And this doesn't even cover the crankshaft balance wheels comin loose and frying the crank bearings or the weak tranny issue and bearing fail that can crack the case spew tranny fluid all over belt and rear tire and lock up that throws you off and kills you.

Review about: 2005 Harley Davidson Flstci Heritage Softail Classic Motorcycle.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer service.

Had an Experience with Harley Davidson?

Comments

Boy that last paragraph makes Harley sound like junk.I'm glad I bought a Honda.

Oh sorry they ruined your experience.It must suck to buy the world's most expensive motorcycle and that happen