I have a $28,000 motorcycle with 1800 miles on it which when exposed to water the seat will get wet internally.For days after the seat gets wet you get a wet rear from the water being squeezed out of the seat.

I contacted Harley Davidson only to find out that this was "normal". After riding for 48 years I have never had a "normal" motorcycle. The seats are supposed to absorb water. Warranty claim denied.

They said if it had an obvious defect they would cover it but since filling with water is normal the claim is denied.

Thanks Harley Davidson for finally giving me a normal motorcycle after all these years.What a great investment.

Review about: 2017 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Limited Motorcycle.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: replace defective part.

Had an Experience with Harley Davidson?

Comments

Harley has since contacted me twice.First they told me their seats were vented and this is probably why water got into the seat.

I asked why it took 10 days to dry out if it's vented. They then said that their seats aren't waterproof and they are not going to replace the seat. Be aware, Just because it is a popular. american company you are buying from doesn't mean they have an ounce of integrity.

Eventually, when this seat gets moldy or rots, I'll end up buying a quality Japanese seat that doesn't leak.Screw Harley Davidson!!

Had same issue they agreed to goodwill seat but refused to repair paint that has rubbed off tour pack due to back rest