Harley Davidson - CVO Breakout engine overheated
In December 2012 I bought a brand new CVO Breakout form ROCKET Harley Davidson in Madison , AL.
Before riding the bike I asked them to put a SE race tuner and Vance and Hines Big Radius exhausts on it.
At the time I was working in the Middle East and I had not even seen the bike when it was shipped out to me.
It arrived at the local Harley Davidson dealer (with engine oil in the oil tank and fuel in the gas tank).
Upon arrival I noticed that the exhausts were a deep blue colour. A bit strange for a new bike with only 8 miles on it!
I got it registered and got on the bike to ride it home for the first time. 4 miles down the road the engine stalled on me and I had to get a recovery truck to take it back to the dealer.
When the engine was taken apart they discovered that it was so badly damaged (overheated) that even the engine block was unusable.
Since the bike was exported from the US the warranty was void and ROCKET Harley Davidson refuses to have done anything wrong. They will not even talk to my local Harley Dealer to hear about their findings.
Here I am with a 32.000 USD bike that I have only let authorised dealers touch and now I have to buy a new engine myself.
I am very disappointed in Harley Davidson, Milwaukee and evenly as much with ROCKET Harley Davidson, Madison, AL who will happily charge you an arm and a leg for breaking your new bike without taking any responsibility what so ever!!
I guess you can put me right at the top of PISSED OFF CONSUMERS.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cvo Breakout
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- "The bike came without the mirrors screwed in and the trunk nailed in. The battery wasn't in the bike. I didn't get volts to put the mirrors in. Me and..."
- "This DROPSHIP ONLY Company out of IL WILL NOT honer Warranty Mechanical Cost even though they have a Dealer to Manufacture Signed Legal Binding Contract from Linhai & Sunright stating..."
- "Bought a new Electra Glide Classic on my way home, the rear tire went flat, i called the dealer was told the tires do not have road hazard, I had..."
- "This company is an absolute scam. First, I got an email saying my payment never went through. Okay, that's fine, so I place the order again. Second, they charge me..."
- "I tried the product, and unfortunately did not send it back in before the trial date expired; busy planning my wedding. I may still be liable for the remainder of..."
- "Back in September 2013 I purchased two wigs and when I received them, they were poorly made and one of them was not the correct color. The responded sporadically..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."