Update by user Jul 27, 2011

Continued problems with Chicago Harley Davidson.I picked up the Sportster from the dealership and the Manager pulled the orginal repair invoice from the file by accident.

It showed 280.00 estimate for parts and labor. But the invoice they showed me was for only one part for 50.00. They either cheated on the parts or failed to repair all the problems they orginally found. The bike went 6.3 miles, was parked, covered, the would not start at all.

Another week has gone buy and when I checked with the dealership they have not even looked at the problem. This business needs to have Harley Davidson pull their dealership. The Service Writer is working next door at the BMW dealership while ignoring the responsibility of fixing warranty repairs at the Harley Dealership.

This Chicago Harley Dealership is a disaster.Stay away from this location at all costs.

Original review posted by user Jun 23, 2011

On May – I discovered a fuel leak from the connection under the gas tank on my 2007 Sportster.

I called the HOG members road assistance and they dispatched a vehicle to take the Motorcycle to Chicago Harley Davidson on Western Avenue in Chicago. I discussed the problem with the service writer Ron and showed the exact location and problem. This was 5 weeks ago. There have been various calls to access the situation of the repairs and process of repairs. No results. This bike is covered under a maintenance policy that cost me over 900.00 when the bike was purchased . Finally disgusted by the lack of service or any feedback from the service department or the dealer I contacted Harley Davidson Customer Service in Milwaukee. Totally unsatisfactory service. All I got was the same run around from the Customer Service rep. " The parts are on order" When were they ordered? No response. Why is it taking so long ? No response.

Times I have had to tell the dealership the bike was covered under a warranty. This was after they quoted me an estimate of nearly 300.00. Delay, evasion, unsatisfactory service, no follow up by the dealership.

Here we are 5 weeks later. No transportation, 20.00 a week for public transportation, Jury summons for my residence in Arizona no way to get there , 900.00 warranty useless, Harley Davidson Service Department completely ignoring the situation, Harley Davidson Customer Service useless, Warranty useless.

So today complaints filed with

Better Business Bureau

ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox TV consumer complaints

Harley Davidson Complaints @ pissedconsumer.com

Review about: Harley Davidson Motorcycle.

Had an Experience with Harley Davidson?

Comments

What did the news stations do?

#1342050

Public transportation is by far more reliable. You still stand on the side of the road but your ride will come.

curcio001

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF HARLEY DAVIDSON... JUST BEND OVER AND SPREAD...