I put my bike away using the 'breathable' cover supplied with the $37,000 CVO Harley Davidson. When I removed the cover in March there was damage all over the bike. Chrome was peeling off several parts. The only way to repair the engine finish was to replace the engine for $7,000. Harley denied warranty with any of their employees or reps inspecting the damage.
The dealer offered to repair the bike for over $10,000 which included a tidy profit on top of the thousands they made selling me that defective piece of ***. What should be done. According to Dave Lang, the Sales Manager of Crossroads Harley Davidson who sold me the bike:
"I have been on the phone and told them [HD] I think they are wrong ....."
"I feel they [HD] should be held responsible for their product."
"I can't accept the answers I got from the Motor Company either but as you know they hold all the cards......"
"My last statement to the Motor Company was, "I'm sorry to say but I will advise my friend to follow up with a lawyer to resolve this problem even if it means filing the Lemon Law act on it." ..."
Although he did not relay these thoughts to Harley. But I will. I intend to write to Keith Wandell, Harley's President, to see if he knows how a customer who has spent over $70,000 at HD in the past 2 years would be arbitrarily denied legitimate warranty repairs is treated.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Harley Bike
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I: each had our own Harley, but we decided to trade in both of them for a Touring model (2014 Street Glide Special) that we both could..."
- "I think I will keep going with my story about this company :) ok.. ordered scooter.. ooooo they took my money (*** Yes) :) ..."
- "Bought a 2nd bike from bikes direct, Transaction ID:88Y32224G19705401. The wheels were significantly out of true. Was told in email basically that is just the way it is. I was..."
- "I had siding installed along with 11 new windows. The siding job started out smooth but the final day of install the installers were rushed as they had to get..."
- " I was humiliated by the manager at Toy R Us Greece, NY location. I went to purchase Christmas items for needed children. I notice while in the..."
- "We bought and paid cash for a 28 by 60 foot doublewide. Here we are 6 years later still fighting to get what we paid for. To make a very..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."
- "Soy consumidor de tecnología , y los productos son como en la descripción de la página web se indica. Llegan los productos en un paquete bien protegidos, y los..."