Harley Davidson - Harley denies warranty on $10,000 in defects. Dealer no help.
I put my bike away using the 'breathable' cover supplied with the $37,000 CVO Harley Davidson. When I removed the cover in March there was damage all over the bike. Chrome was peeling off several parts. The only way to repair the engine finish was to replace the engine for $7,000. Harley denied warranty with any of their employees or reps inspecting the damage.
The dealer offered to repair the bike for over $10,000 which included a tidy profit on top of the thousands they made selling me that defective piece of ***. What should be done. According to Dave Lang, the Sales Manager of Crossroads Harley Davidson who sold me the bike:
"I have been on the phone and told them [HD] I think they are wrong ....."
"I feel they [HD] should be held responsible for their product."
"I can't accept the answers I got from the Motor Company either but as you know they hold all the cards......"
"My last statement to the Motor Company was, "I'm sorry to say but I will advise my friend to follow up with a lawyer to resolve this problem even if it means filing the Lemon Law act on it." ..."
Although he did not relay these thoughts to Harley. But I will. I intend to write to Keith Wandell, Harley's President, to see if he knows how a customer who has spent over $70,000 at HD in the past 2 years would be arbitrarily denied legitimate warranty repairs is treated.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Harley Bike
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- "After the second year of owning the trike the air in the rear shocks kept loosing air. So the third year i took the bike apart because I wanted to..."
- "I needed to find a Mercruiser Mechanic in Cape Coral to tune my elder dad's 1998 Searay (twin Mercruiser . Challenge was I'm in NJ. So did some online searching..."
- "I put my bike away using the 'breathable' cover supplied with the $37,000 CVO Harley Davidson. When I removed the cover in March there was damage all over the bike...."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."
- "I have ordered numerous products from SOE and they are great, the belts fray a little over time but they're still tough. I've used some of their stuff in a..."
- "since October I've have had 5 people to see the water damage from the dish. attached are pictures and all have agreed the damage from the dish. the frustration is..."
- "Thank you Zoom Tan for the blotchy and horrible spray tan. Now I look like a complete *** and it's going to take several days to go away. People, do..."
- "SECOND EXPERIENCE: A christmas order for my son who lives in another state was guaranteed to be delivered on 12/23. I placed the order on 12/19 and paid extra for..."
- " Was given one price from the sales person at the store and had to pick it up it up myself, then found it much cheaper from Ashley Furniture..."