Harley Davidson - Harley Will Not Honor Warranty
My wife and I: each had our own Harley, but we decided to trade in both of them for a Touring model (2014 Street Glide Special) that we both could ride together on long trips. We traded up (?) in Sept 2014 at Black Diamond Harley in Marion ILL. Black Diamond was and is exemplary.
About 4 weeks ago, I pulled the cover off our Harley and pulled it out of our attached garage to wash. While I was washing, I noticed to my Horror, that the upper stainless fork covers were rusted (picture attached). The motorcycle is practically new, had barely 500 miles on the odometer, and has a full factory warranty.
I immediately contacted Harley-Davidson customer care and talked to Ann. Ann informed me that a Dealer Service Dept. would have to look at it, but it would still not be covered under warranty because this is considered cosmetic. Are you KIDDING? I then asked to speak to her supervisor/dept manager to which she replied, "no matter how many times you ask its not going to happen". I kept asking, and she hung up. I called Harley Headquarters in Milwaukee and explained to the operator what happened/ could I please speak to the Customer Care Manager. He transferred me to her voicemail where she kindly gave her full name. Trust me on this one.....Harley does a Fine job of making sure you cannot Email Them for Any Reason. Carol Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) (800-258-2464) will not return my call or emails.
Since then, the closest dealer(Surdyke Harley) in Festus looked over the parts, tried to get them replaced for me, and tried to clean them. There was no success. With our trades, we paid $27,000 with some accessory items. That's A LOT of money for a lower middle class family with 5 children between us. Harley Davidson was always based on the Quality of product and my wife Terry and I have tried to stay loyal to them. Now just yesterday, I am informed that there is yet another recall on this model. This time its the Clutch Master and air bubbles.
Harley dealers each have a fund of some sort (Surdyke told me so) that if a dealer so chooses, can replace defective parts. Our selling dealership is hours away from us; very inconvenient.
What my wife and I want is Honesty, Justice, and for Harley to stand behind their product. Quality and Workmanship are a definite problem.
One Unhappy Honorably Discharged Gulf War Veteran.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Attitude and dishonesty
- Cant contact them
- Poor quality parts
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- 2014 Street Glide Special
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- "Do not give Johnny's Marine Sales and Service a deposit to repair your boat! A reputable company will not ask for a deposit. I took my boat in for a..."
- "I am extremely disappointed with the Harley Davidson Street. I had great expectations for this bike and now I am stuck with it. Harley's are supposed to be fast and..."
- "Just thought you might see what the first contact looked like with demon cycles...."
- "Ok. So my boyfriend bought me a coach purse for Christmas that was absolutely gorgeous but it was a cream color and i knew it would get dirty very easily...."
- "Sadly, we are in an area (rural NW Missouri) that has zero options or alternatives to Internet and phone service. Our service constantly delivers slower speeds than what we have..."
- "I was relaxing on my front covered porch when all of a sudden the top glass of my Larson screen away door completely shattered!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIT IT.!!!..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."