Harley Davidson - Harley Will Not Honor Warranty

My wife and I: each had our own Harley, but we decided to trade in both of them for a Touring model (2014 Street Glide Special) that we both could ride together on long trips. We traded up (?) in Sept 2014 at Black Diamond Harley in Marion ILL. Black Diamond was and is exemplary.

About 4 weeks ago, I pulled the cover off our Harley and pulled it out of our attached garage to wash. While I was washing, I noticed to my Horror, that the upper stainless fork covers were rusted (picture attached). The motorcycle is practically new, had barely 500 miles on the odometer, and has a full factory warranty.

I immediately contacted Harley-Davidson customer care and talked to Ann. Ann informed me that a Dealer Service Dept. would have to look at it, but it would still not be covered under warranty because this is considered cosmetic. Are you KIDDING? I then asked to speak to her supervisor/dept manager to which she replied, "no matter how many times you ask its not going to happen". I kept asking, and she hung up. I called Harley Headquarters in Milwaukee and explained to the operator what happened/ could I please speak to the Customer Care Manager. He transferred me to her voicemail where she kindly gave her full name. Trust me on this one.....Harley does a Fine job of making sure you cannot Email Them for Any Reason. Carol Smith (carol.smith@harley-davidson.com) (800-258-2464) will not return my call or emails.

Since then, the closest dealer(Surdyke Harley) in Festus looked over the parts, tried to get them replaced for me, and tried to clean them. There was no success. With our trades, we paid $27,000 with some accessory items. That's A LOT of money for a lower middle class family with 5 children between us. Harley Davidson was always based on the Quality of product and my wife Terry and I have tried to stay loyal to them. Now just yesterday, I am informed that there is yet another recall on this model. This time its the Clutch Master and air bubbles.

Harley dealers each have a fund of some sort (Surdyke told me so) that if a dealer so chooses, can replace defective parts. Our selling dealership is hours away from us; very inconvenient.

What my wife and I want is Honesty, Justice, and for Harley to stand behind their product. Quality and Workmanship are a definite problem.

One Unhappy Honorably Discharged Gulf War Veteran.

M Boyer

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Poor quality parts

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
2014 Street Glide Special
Review category
Boats and Bikes
review #628239 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Harley Davidson? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 11, 2015 #982554

Imagine harley dishonest who knew? Me they have screwed me on my piece of *** twin cam that came apart at 15.000 miles .I asked who thought a two piece crank is a great idea? They are hostile and indian will be my next bike.

5 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.