Harley Davidson - Harley Will Not Honor Warranty
My wife and I: each had our own Harley, but we decided to trade in both of them for a Touring model (2014 Street Glide Special) that we both could ride together on long trips. We traded up (?) in Sept 2014 at Black Diamond Harley in Marion ILL. Black Diamond was and is exemplary.
About 4 weeks ago, I pulled the cover off our Harley and pulled it out of our attached garage to wash. While I was washing, I noticed to my Horror, that the upper stainless fork covers were rusted (picture attached). The motorcycle is practically new, had barely 500 miles on the odometer, and has a full factory warranty.
I immediately contacted Harley-Davidson customer care and talked to Ann. Ann informed me that a Dealer Service Dept. would have to look at it, but it would still not be covered under warranty because this is considered cosmetic. Are you KIDDING? I then asked to speak to her supervisor/dept manager to which she replied, "no matter how many times you ask its not going to happen". I kept asking, and she hung up. I called Harley Headquarters in Milwaukee and explained to the operator what happened/ could I please speak to the Customer Care Manager. He transferred me to her voicemail where she kindly gave her full name. Trust me on this one.....Harley does a Fine job of making sure you cannot Email Them for Any Reason. Carol Smith (email@example.com) (800-258-2464) will not return my call or emails.
Since then, the closest dealer(Surdyke Harley) in Festus looked over the parts, tried to get them replaced for me, and tried to clean them. There was no success. With our trades, we paid $27,000 with some accessory items. That's A LOT of money for a lower middle class family with 5 children between us. Harley Davidson was always based on the Quality of product and my wife Terry and I have tried to stay loyal to them. Now just yesterday, I am informed that there is yet another recall on this model. This time its the Clutch Master and air bubbles.
Harley dealers each have a fund of some sort (Surdyke told me so) that if a dealer so chooses, can replace defective parts. Our selling dealership is hours away from us; very inconvenient.
What my wife and I want is Honesty, Justice, and for Harley to stand behind their product. Quality and Workmanship are a definite problem.
One Unhappy Honorably Discharged Gulf War Veteran.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Attitude and dishonesty
- Cant contact them
- Poor quality parts
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- 2014 Street Glide Special
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I had a person from Scooter authority come to my home to fix several things on my Scooter , that never happened he screwed all the wiring up by splicing..."
- "got this pull starter, pulled three times broke, with motor warmed upped another broke, the last one pulled five times broke, keep in mind the spark plug was out,..."
- "I have a new 2014 FLHXS Street Glide special with less than 5,000 miles on it. The other day I had a blowout on the freeway and pulled over..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "I would like to apply for a Canadian permanent residency from Dubai. I am an Indian with a masters in business administration and currently working as a Business Development Manager..."
- "My company had signed up with Thumbtack back in May of 2016... Since then 'till now we have lead our industry with over 134 reviews, have been hired over 450..."
- "Last sunday they delivered sofa n love seat to my address in ofallon. Today I found 5 open staple pin at my carpet. I have a 10 months old..."
- "We spent several thousand dollars on windows for our home in two installations within six months. Not being professional window installers, we didn't know until the second installation that..."
- "We took are grandkids there at 230 pm sept 6th 2016. when we arrived there was a robot chickien making autisim sounds and doing something wiered with the fence anyways the..."