I bought my first bike at Fort Thunder HD of Moore,OK (2014 Sportster 72 w/ 2 miles on it) and 5 days later I still haven't ridden it!!On the way home from buying the bike(husband drove it home because I need to practice before riding on the interstate) he pulled off due to a strange vibration from the back end and made it to a parking lot to inspect the bike but found nothing wrong but could smell burning brakes.
He got back on the road and made it a quarter mile when the back wheel locked up and almost killed him. We were stuck in the middle of the street on the highway at night for over 2 hours. Called AAA because Fort Thunder closed and their sales manager took to long to "figure something out" after telling her saleswoman that sold me the bike what happened. After I risked my safety riding the bike while the wench pulled it up onto the flatbed dragging my back tire the entire way I was told that I will get a call on Monday(it was Saturday) to get this taken care of.
Monday around 12pm they finally call me (after calling them twice) and told me they were sending a truck to pick it up. The battery also died after AAA dropped the bike off at my house the night it broke down which was supposedly replaced before I took it home which was a lie. I waited all day but no call to update me. I finally got a hold of the service manager and he told me the bearing exploded causing the wheel to seize and it was just a faulty part and they will deliver it back to me asap.
They then told me 2 hours before closing that it will take a week because they must order parts! I needed to practice all week to work a very large bike run in 6 days that I was doing with our Downed Bikers Club so every day it's sitting is lessening my chances of participating in our beloved bike run that's raising money for a son who died of brain cancer. Jessie the GM called me after leaving 2 messages for him and told me he can pull parts off of another brand new bike and deliver my bike the next day or he can order parts and have it in a few day so of course I opted for pulling parts off another bike so I can try and make up the lost 3 days of riding. They delivered the bike to me Tuesday and I noticed scratches all over the beautiful back fender.
I called them up and they told me to bring it in(I live close to an hour away) my husband once again drove my bike because the bike has never been drivable for me to practice yet and a half a mile down the road he started having problems again but this time he couldn't downshift from third gear!!! It would shift up but not down rendering his saftey in danger once again!! So at this point we were put in 4 very dangerous life threatening situations because of this bike AND Fort Thunder because if they checked the bike before putting a brand new driver on it or test driving it like they said they did(another lie) then this wouldn't have happened AND I even asked to have the bike switched out the first time but they refused even tho they've had the bike in their possession the entire time. They picked up the bike again and still never called me all day so I called before closing and the service manager told me that they bought the parts from a rival HD store and will get it fixed up and sent back today.
Needless to say I never heard from them so I asked for the GM(now 3 days of no return phone calls from this guy) and ended up speaking to Jen(sales Mang)and she lied to me and said it will take a few days to get parts in so I told her what the service Mang told me and she stumbled her words and backtracked and said they won't have time till tomorrow and they will keep me updated(lol that's a crock!) It's now Wednesday night and still no bike. I told Jessie, Jen, Micky and Mathius that I wanted to give the bike back and switch it out and they all said they would transfer me to the next person and got passed around till I ended up with lovely Jen again. After blaming the new problems on my husband and the previous problems (so they are not at fault because they blamed HD and my husband which their service manager already told me the truth that it was a faulty part) and she told me that I would have to "trade it in" like anyone else and get trade in value on a bike that had 2 miles when I bought it and 14 miles from my husband and 20+ miles from service after they picked it up from me. I told her it was unethical and immoral and she blamed it all on HD and my husband.
I told her to have Jessie call me asap and she said she will get him and have him call me. Surprise surprise he never called.. So my husband called corporate and they are launching a full blown investigation and will call me in two days. Fort Thunder still never called me so here it is about to be Thursday and I still don't have my bike!!
Before I discovered the new damage the second time I asked the GM for a complimentary new seat and he was only willing to give me 50% off!! This has been the worst buying experience of my entire life.
I am not only devastated that I will miss the bike run and will miss practiceing while my husband has a week off but I have paid $2,000 down on a bike that I havnt even used yet!!!!!I just want my bike replaced so I can get ready for Sunday!!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- 2014 Harley Davidson Sportster
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- "we bought 2 quads from them just before memerial weekend. 1 of the quads frame broke on day 2 (the rider was a 10year old little girl weighing no..."
- "My harley nightster, the paint is peeling!! Guess harley don't know how to prep before they paint it. Rear fender..front fender etc all have bubbles and paint coming off..."
- "The clowns at Rawhide Harley Davidson in Olathe, KS only want to give me 65% of what I paid for a BRAND NEW 2016 Fat Bob FXDF just 2 months..."
- "I received my delivery for Valentines Day. Not a single bud had broken open. I took pictures of what I received and tried to reply to my order/delivery email from..."
- "So purchased a lovely 2600$ bridal ring set from the lovely aafes and they faded after a week of wear. AAFES tried to make it right buy sending them back..."
- "I came home on a Monday nignt from work to find my gas had been turned off for some unknown reason. I called ONG and the Rep said she..."
- "Just moved into Waterbrook Apartments in Southern California and for 2 weeks we have been fighting with maggots outside on our patio. It took management 2 weeks to figure..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."
- "Having worked for nine years and had Frontier service as long. They have Tech's that will add services to your billing and until you discover it they won't return any..."