Harley Davidson - There should be a recall on the cheap rubber air stem on 2014 FLHXS
I have a new 2014 FLHXS Street Glide special with less than 5,000 miles on it.The other day I had a blowout on the freeway and pulled over to discover my rear tire flat with it leaking from the cheap rubber air stem.
It cost me over $1,000.00 to get towed, tire replaced and replaced both cheap a** rubber air stems with metal stems. This is not right! In addition, my local HD dealer refused the bike tow on a Sunday and I had to drive it an additional mile on the flat to get the biked parked safely at my job. Not acceptable.
HD leaves their women riders stranded on the side of the road in 100 degree weather to fend for themselves.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Terry at hd service was very helpful
What I disliked
- Cheap rubber valve stems that caused flat
- Reason of review:
- also left HOG member stranded on side of road
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2014 Harley-Davidson Flhxs Street Glide Special
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- " I have a 2008 CVO Ultra that I purchase new on 08 and have nothing but problems with it from the first week of owning it. It runs great..."
- "I spent $3,000 on a gocart/utv in March 2015. The unit was delivered and has been in the shop twice since then for loss of power and other issues. When..."
- "I purchased a 1100cc go cart from power sports max and it is junk. Breaks every time I ride it. Does not go as fast as they advertise. They..."
- "Was hit by a driver with a suspended license (FELONY HIT & RUN) 'totaling out' my 1997 Suburban. I had 'added the suburban to my existing policy' when I purchased..."
- "I took my 2006 Jag XK8 in for an oil change at Marin Luxury Cars in San Rafael, CA, USA. They backed a Land Rover into it. Did $7,500 damage...."
- "This is the 2nd time I've ordered from this company and they make it VERY difficult to communicate with them. Probably hoping that you will give up! I ordered..."
- "NuWave generally sells their ovens with the clear dome that, with regular use, cracks and or self-destructs within 6 months to a year. The cost to replace the dome..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."
- "Dont fool with this company omg from 2009 to 2016 the warranty is a scam and there pillow top is a flat top in two months dont waste your time..."