Harley Davidson - There should be a recall on the cheap rubber air stem on 2014 FLHXS
I have a new 2014 FLHXS Street Glide special with less than 5,000 miles on it.The other day I had a blowout on the freeway and pulled over to discover my rear tire flat with it leaking from the cheap rubber air stem.
It cost me over $1,000.00 to get towed, tire replaced and replaced both cheap a** rubber air stems with metal stems. This is not right! In addition, my local HD dealer refused the bike tow on a Sunday and I had to drive it an additional mile on the flat to get the biked parked safely at my job. Not acceptable.
HD leaves their women riders stranded on the side of the road in 100 degree weather to fend for themselves.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Terry at hd service was very helpful
What I disliked
- Cheap rubber valve stems that caused flat
- Reason of review:
- also left HOG member stranded on side of road
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2014 Harley-Davidson Flhxs Street Glide Special
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought my first bike at Fort Thunder HD of Moore,OK (2014 Sportster 72 w/ 2 miles on it) and 5 days later I still haven't ridden it!! On the..."
- "In December 2012 I bought a brand new CVO Breakout form ROCKET Harley Davidson in Madison , AL. Before riding the bike I asked them to put a SE race tuner..."
- "In early July I contacted Scandia Marine for a quote to have my new boat bottom painted. I spoke to Marty, one of the owners, who quoted me $19.50 per..."
- "I have ordered numerous products from SOE and they are great, the belts fray a little over time but they're still tough. I've used some of their stuff in a..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "I took my 2006 Jag XK8 in for an oil change at Marin Luxury Cars in San Rafael, CA, USA. They backed a Land Rover into it. Did $7,500 damage...."
- "I have known Kami for over 20 years. My mother has known her longer. I have even met some of her stone dealers and those looking to sell through her...."
- "Ordered a cold air intake from them for 90 bucks for my Honda , DID not fit was a *** to get on had to scratch up the intake then..."