I have a 2008 CVO Ultra that I purchase new on 08 and have nothing but problems with it from the first week of owning it.It runs great but all of the Chinese made *** on it is continually failing.
I have also had many paint issues. Harley sent 4 tour pack lids that the dealer rejected because the holes for the luggage rack did not line up. Harley told the dealer to elongate the holes to make it work and the dealer refused. Harleys fix for this was to send a new lid with the rack installed.
See photos of elongated holes in the original lid. The reason for the replacement was the paint was bubbling around the mounting posts for the luggage rack. I am on my second front fairing because of paint bubbling around the windshield mounting screws. The replacement fairing did the same exact thing.
See photos of both issues. The parts Harley did replace had the same issues as the original parts and the other issues they claim to be normal. My seat is tearing from underneath. Harley claims this is normal wear and tear and not covered under the extended warranty that I spent way too much money on.
See photo of seat. I have chrome falling off of my shift and rear brake levers and Harley says this is a cosmetic issue and not covered by warranty. I have my front brake lever with t he chrome bubbling and Harley claims this is a cosmetic issue. This part is bad on one side and the bracket it attached to is fine.
See photo of the defective lever. Both of my mirrors had the chrome bubbling around the mirror. The chrome on the stems was fine. Harley would not replace because according to them this was a cosmetic issue.
My local dealer stepped up to the plate to replace the mirrors and a year later the same exact problem happened and this time nobody would replace them. The best one here is that this bike will not always down shift. It will feel like I am in first gear but I am still in 2nd or 3rd. I took the bike back to the selling dealer and was told that this was normal.
I told the service manager that if this was normal I would like to make an appointment to make my 1965 FLH, 1994 Fatboy and 1998 Fatboy normal as none of those Harleys that I owned shift like that. The service manager escorted me outside and that was the last time I spent any money at that dealer. I have had the bike in the shop at least 5 times for the shifting issue and keep getting told its fixed and within a couple of days it happens again.
If any other company operated this way they would be out of business.When Harley goes into decline they better remember how they treated their customers and why we will no longer buy their products.
I am waiting to see what Indian comes out with this year.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cvo Ultra
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- "purchased a atv 125cc auto was shipped to my house i put it together and the motor leaked oil out of the bottom. Talked with customer service and then a..."
- "I ordered a 200cc df motor scooter (mc-x61) from powersports max and the service was pretty good. However, when they sent the scooter, I did not receive the windshield, ..."
- "I purchased a used 2011 Adly Thunderbike with a total 672 miles in March of 2014. Two months later it leaked oil, stalled and smoked excessively. Second the speedometer..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- "On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 3:35PM, I went to KFC on Patton Avenue in Asheville, North Carolina to get the usual Liver dinner. I completed the mykfcexperience.com survey on..."