I have a 2008 CVO Ultra that I purchase new on 08 and have nothing but problems with it from the first week of owning it.It runs great but all of the Chinese made *** on it is continually failing.
I have also had many paint issues. Harley sent 4 tour pack lids that the dealer rejected because the holes for the luggage rack did not line up. Harley told the dealer to elongate the holes to make it work and the dealer refused. Harleys fix for this was to send a new lid with the rack installed.
See photos of elongated holes in the original lid. The reason for the replacement was the paint was bubbling around the mounting posts for the luggage rack. I am on my second front fairing because of paint bubbling around the windshield mounting screws. The replacement fairing did the same exact thing.
See photos of both issues. The parts Harley did replace had the same issues as the original parts and the other issues they claim to be normal. My seat is tearing from underneath. Harley claims this is normal wear and tear and not covered under the extended warranty that I spent way too much money on.
See photo of seat. I have chrome falling off of my shift and rear brake levers and Harley says this is a cosmetic issue and not covered by warranty. I have my front brake lever with t he chrome bubbling and Harley claims this is a cosmetic issue. This part is bad on one side and the bracket it attached to is fine.
See photo of the defective lever. Both of my mirrors had the chrome bubbling around the mirror. The chrome on the stems was fine. Harley would not replace because according to them this was a cosmetic issue.
My local dealer stepped up to the plate to replace the mirrors and a year later the same exact problem happened and this time nobody would replace them. The best one here is that this bike will not always down shift. It will feel like I am in first gear but I am still in 2nd or 3rd. I took the bike back to the selling dealer and was told that this was normal.
I told the service manager that if this was normal I would like to make an appointment to make my 1965 FLH, 1994 Fatboy and 1998 Fatboy normal as none of those Harleys that I owned shift like that. The service manager escorted me outside and that was the last time I spent any money at that dealer. I have had the bike in the shop at least 5 times for the shifting issue and keep getting told its fixed and within a couple of days it happens again.
If any other company operated this way they would be out of business.When Harley goes into decline they better remember how they treated their customers and why we will no longer buy their products.
I am waiting to see what Indian comes out with this year.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cvo Ultra
- Review category
- Boats and Bikes
You May Also Like
- "I bought an SSR sx50 for my son in December. After 2 months the springs started breaking. Requested new springs twice and got two clutches. The springs break every 20..."
- "I was in a motorcycle accident in Sedona uptown in October of last year I was flown from Cottonwood get to Phoenix hospital my bike was towed to Josh towing..."
- "got this pull starter, pulled three times broke, with motor warmed upped another broke, the last one pulled five times broke, keep in mind the spark plug was out,..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "This app is so close to a scam, but not, I'm surprised the pros haven't completely rioted yet. Yes, it looks all snazzy and cool with its neato UI/UX design..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."