Harley Davidson - Zipper separated from boot

113 of 323 Harley Davidson reviews

I bought a pair of Harley Davidson Boots, Model Number 93043, and after wearing them about a dozen times, the zipper has separated from the boot.The zipper still goes up and down but there is now a gaping hole where water can go in.

After reading a previous complaint I took a closer at the label and these boots were made in China.

It never occurred to me they weren't made in the USA.I just put this on Facebook and am getting similar complaints.

I have taken them to someone who repairs leather products but was told there was not enough material between the zipper and the boot to sew.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Harley Boot
Review category
Boats and Bikes
review #495476

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Harley Davidson? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
113 of 323 Harley Davidson reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Joe

Jul 01, 2014 #834597 Windsor, Ontario, Canada

I had the exact same thing happen on the same boot, not even a month old

0 0 Reply
BUFF

Jun 18, 2014 #828981 Sacramento, California, United States

People like the idea of supporting the good ol USA.
Harley wants people to believe that some "Blue Collared Merican" is sitting somewhere in Milwaukee, WI hand setting each screw with their own spit to each and every bike coming down the assembly line. MOST of all of the PARTS on bikes are outsourced to China, Japan, basically ASIA. Harley clothing is all manufactured in ASIA, that is the only way "mericans" can afford to look cool. If those boots were made here you would be paying double your sticker price. Harley is not marketed to the "working class" although they want you to believe that. The mark-up on everything they do and sell in general is astronomical. Essentially ANYTHING made over seas is "after-market"...they just put their logo all over it to make it a "real" HD part. It's essentially "private labeling". Same with Nike, Chanel, etc....As consumers we are "dumb" and don't really care about quality or the "process" as long as we look good. I see Harley's broken down on every highway...I like this country enough, but I hate our "processes".

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Harley Davidson. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Harley Davidson.
Filing a new complaint about
×